- Are you looking for a way to quickly document children’s achievements, behaviour or delightful moments?
- Would you like to add a photo?
- Would you like to have the option of sharing these little insights with families?
- Would you like families to be able to reply, and perhaps open a conversation?
- Would you like the option of extending these comments into observations later?
All of this can be done using EarlyWorks’ Comments function 😊.
The Comments function allows busy educators to quickly document information that needs to be recorded and possibly shared with families. For example, educators might add comments about:
- A child’s transition to a new room,
- How a child settled into their first day of OSHC,
- Achievement of a milestone,
- A significant change in behaviour,
- Or a precious moment that needs to be shared.
Families are then able to reply to these comments. A wonderful way of developing collaborative partnerships with families (Quality Area 6); developing secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships (EYLF/MTOP Principle 1); and working in partnership (EYLF/MTOP Principle 2).
It gets even better! If an educator would like to extend the comment into an observation in EarlyWorks, linking to the EYLF/MTOP outcomes, developmental milestones, QIP evidence, and next experiences, that can be done simply by clicking on the green EXTEND button.
Using comments educators can record a little or a lot, attach images or not, and share with families or not 😊.